TPFA Injured Farrier Fund
The guidelines contained herewith shall govern the Injured Farrier Fund, hereafter referred to as IFF. The IFF shall be established by the Texas Professional Farriers Association, hereafter referred to as TPFA. The purpose of the IFF is to assist an eligible member of the TPFA with household expenses while recuperating from an injury or illness, the magnitude of which prevents them from performing normal farrier business duties. The Treasurer of the TPFA shall establish and maintain a separate bank account for all receipts and disbursements of the IFF. An oversight committee shall be established to manage the IFF. The committee shall consist of an elected chairman, the TPFA President, the TPFA Treasurer, and one member, chosen by the chairman, who is ineligible for benefits. The committee will have final say over eligibility of applicants and disbursement of funds. The committee shall have the power to amend this policy with approval of the executive board of the TPFA. The committee chairman shall serve for a term of two years, and may be re-‐elected or replaced, as is determined by a vote of the general membership present at the January meeting. This election shall be held at the same time as regular officer elections. The committee chairman shall provide an annual report of all committee activity, including, but not limited to, all receipts and disbursements, to the general membership at the regular January meeting.
Eligibility and Process
Must be a regular member of the TPFA in good standing for a minimum of 30 days. If renewing members’ dues lapse past 30 days (Feb. 1st), they will be subject to the 30 day waiting period before being eligible for benefits.
• At least 50% of claimant’s income must be derived from shoeing horses.
• Claimant must apply to IFF chair for benefit and must provide doctor verification of inability to work. • Pre-‐existing conditions will not be covered.
• Claimant must reside in Texas or one of the contiguous states (New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana).
IFF benefits to be paid to eligible applicants as follows:
• 7% of amount in account on the day claim is made.
• Payments to be paid out over 6 weeks, one payment per week.
• Maximum amount of payments shall be $300.00 per week for 6 weeks, or a maximum annual amount of $1800.00 per calendar year.
• In the event more than one claim is received by the chairman on the same day, they will be considered in the order they were received, and benefits will be figured for each claim in