Join the TPFA for an educational experience with clinician Ben Mangan on Saturday April 18th & Sunday, April 19th, 2020 at the Flying L Guest Ranch in Bandera, Texas.
Ben Mangan began his farrier apprenticeship under his uncle in central Vermont. In 2002, he started working his way through the certification process, which led to passing his Certified Journeyman Farrier exam. Ben was selected for the American Farriers Team in 2010, 2011 and 2014. In 2013, he served on the World Championship Blacksmith’s team. He won the National Horseshoeing Championship at the 2013 and 2016 AFA Convention. He has a full-time farrier practice in northern New York where he shoes all disciplines. His approach focuses on efficiency and the basic core principles of horseshoeing in order to achieve consistent, high quality results.
The TPFA hopes to see many of you there! Don’t forget to bring a friend- perhaps someone who has never attended a clinic or maybe they haven’t been to one in sometime. The cost for the clinic is $75.00 for both days, $50.00 for 1 day.
Venue Details: Flying L Ranch Resort, Golf Course and Country Club is located at 173 Whartons Dock rd. Bandera, Tx 78003. More venue info: https://flyingl.com/
* 10 cabins at the venue are being held for the TPFA and are available to book. Lodging in a Hitoria Villa suite is available onsite as well. (Cabins have a queen bed, twin bunks. Villas have 2 queens and a sleeper sofa.) If you know that you are gonna come, please book your lodging early. It’s a little pricier lodging than we normally have but it’s a great venue with onsite restaurant & bars, breakfast buffet. CUT-OFF date for Cabins being blocked off for our group is MARCH 13th. Read More on FB…
Like, Share and Tell us you’re going to the 2020 TPFA Spring Clinic event on Facebook.
Flying L Resort Amenities:
- Food & Beverage:
- Branding Iron Bar & Grill is located at the Main House and opened daily. Monday-Friday 2 pm-12 am; Saturday-Sunday 12 pm-12 am. Live Music every Friday, DJ on Summer Saturdays, Karaoke by request, and four screens to view your favorite games.
- The 19th Hole Bar & Grill is located by the Golf Pro Shop. Opened daily 7:00 am – 6:30 pm. Breakfast: 7:30 am – 10:30 am. Lunch: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm. *We proudly brew Starbucks Coffee. Beer and Wine available. Grab-n-Go items, snacks, and candy also available.
- Trigger’s Trough & Lagoon Saloon are located by the Water Park and opened seasonally Mon.-Thurs. 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm & Fri.-Sun. 11:00 am – 8:00 pm. See Water Park Schedule for opened dates.
- Main House Breakfast Buffet available Saturdays and Sundays 8 am-11 am.
- Horseback Rides: Must be scheduled in advance. Available nearby, in the Bandera area. Ask Front Desk for contact information.
- Pony Rides are available onsite and must be scheduled in advance, for riders 3-5 years old only.
- Pool: All overnight guests have access to the Main Pool from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. No lifeguard on duty. (not heated) Towels are provided for overnight guests at Front Desk and/or Ticket Booth.
- Putt-Putt: Newly renovated 18-Hole miniature golf available for $5 per person/per round or FREE with Water Park access. Equipment available at the Front Desk and/or Ticket Booth.
- Sports: Amenities included are Basketball, Board Games, Corn Hole, Hiking, Horseshoes, Ping-Pong, Outdoor Shuffleboard, Tennis, Volleyball, and Catch-and-Release Fishing. Equipment can be checked out at Front Desk, with the exception of fishing supplies.
- Water Park: Access to the Lone Star Lagoon Water Park is available (SEASONAL). Overnight guests will receive Water Park passes at a 1/2 price discount. Water Park guests must be 18 years of age to enter without a parent/guardian. No outside food or drinks, cups or coolers are allowed inside the water park. Towels are provided for overnight guests at the Ticket Booth. See Water Park Schedule for opened dates.
- Western Entertainment: Includes wagon rides, campfire & s’mores and other fun scheduled events (see weekly Activities Guide for more information).
- Alcohol Regulations: No outside alcohol allowed within TABC diagrammed areas, including Ghost Town.
- Outdoor Grilling: No outdoor BBQ grilling with personal grills. Designated Flying L park grills available. For more information call 830-796-7745.
- Pet Policy: Only certified service pets allowed on property and must be arranged in advance. $300 fee for unauthorized pets.
- Smoking Policy: NO smoking is allowed indoors at any facilities on property. Fee for unauthorized indoor smoking.
- Water Park: We have a lightning policy. NO rain-checks will be given when the water park must close due to weather.